Thursday, January 17, 2008

I'm still sore

Remember that dance party that happened nearly a month and a half ago? I had a great time, despite putting a gash in my forehead that made me think I needed stitches immediately. Now I'm wondering if I didn't do something to my ankle. It still hurts at times. Maybe it's a hairline fracture? I'm not sure.

I shouldn't trust myself when it comes to diagnosing my sicknesses. I remember a while ago I fell down hard, but caught myself with my hand and arm in locked position. Shortly after my fall, I began experiencing a clicking sound in my elbow joint every time I straightened my arm. I went to the doctor expecting the worst, but he told me it would just go away in a few days, which it did. Another time, I had re-injured by back by trying to lift too much weight with my legs. I was paralyzed for a day and had to miss work. I went to the back doctor and he told me the soreness would just go away in a few weeks, which it did. I don't think I should go to the doctor for my ankle because, if history has set any kind of pattern, he'll tell me the pain will go away in a few months. I think it's best to keep waiting this one out.

8 comments:

Sarah-Ashley said...

I am going to go ahead and say that you should get it looked at. It has been over one month now Jordan.

Sarah-Ashley said...

Oh and what a great new look!

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Jordan you are back in the blog world. I'm way happy to see that! I am praying for your ankle to get better. You should put ice on it every night because lets be honest, no one wants to have cankles.

Cassidy said...

Get it looked at. Better safe than sorry.

Melissa said...

When I opened up your blog this morning, I felt so reassured. I knew I had come to the right place. I love this new look.

I don't love going to the doctor to be told that nothing is wrong with me. I always feel sheepish. I think the "at times" is a good sign. That could just mean a lingering sprain. But please don't take chances with your health.

Elizabeth said...

when i was 13 i crunched my finger playing softball. it turned blue and was twice the size of my thumb. i went to the doctor and they told me to just move it around as best i could - then they called two days later saying they had the wrong x-rays and to not move it because i had broken it on the growth plate. We rushed to that dr's office where he promptly taped my finger to a popsicle stick.

Allie said...

Love the new look, thanks for updating. I would say your ankle is better off NOT being looked at by a doctor. In my experiences, when you go to the hospital/doctor for something your not sure about, you end up waiting 17 hours and paying the co-pay to have someone say, you'll be just fine.

Craig Barlow B. said...

Once when I was in 6th grade I had strep throat... but I didn't want to bother my parents about my condition. So instead I just kept on, and eventually contracted a kidney disease that made my face puff up like a balloon and my knees lock up involuntarily. This could happen to you if you don't look into your problem.